Putting Book Cover Images on Blogs?

Can anyone tell me how/where I can get book cover images to upload onto my blog? Is it as a simple as right clicking on the image on Amazon and then uploading it here? Or is that not allowed? Is there another way to find the images I need?

You would think that I would have figured it out by now…

Thanks!

About throwingmarshmallows

I am a homeschooling mom to two sweet, energetic boys although I am probably not exactly what you would expect (definitely NOT your stereotypical homeschooler, if there is really such a thing). I support progressive political causes (yes, liberals can and do homeschool!) and I have found a spiritual home in the Unitarian Universalist Church. I have no real idea of how I want to use this blog, but will probably focus on homeschooling, things that I am learning from my boys, personal thoughts and opinions and maybe some liberal politics thrown in, who knows!
This entry was posted in Blog Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Putting Book Cover Images on Blogs?

1. Andrea says:

Do you mena when soemone is talking about a book and the pic links to Amazin with an affiliate code? They’ve signed up at Amazon to do that and I always found it complicated (they give you a code after you hunt down the book).

But if you just want to talk about a book, then yeah. Snag an image of it, save it over here and use that.

2. Liz B says:

I prefer not to upload/ point directly to the website with the image/ picture. (Stuff with bandwidth etc.)

What I do is first is right click to “save picture as” and save it to my computer (usually with the very boring title of forblog) and then upload it from where it is in my computer.

For amazon affiliates: it’s the same code, with a different ISBN for each book. It’s just a matter of cutting & pasting it in as HTML. So, for example (and I left a few blanks here just so I could put it in without it becoming code, if it doesn’t work just email me: bookname

If you have the ISBN number off of the book, you don’t even have to go onto Amazon.

3. Liz B says:

ARG. Didn’t work. Oh well. I can email you the basic code if you want.

4. Stephanie says:

Thanks Andrea…I just wasn’t sure if we were just allowed to “take” an image and use it for our own use.

And actually I had not thought about the affiliate program…VaHomeschoolers has an affiliate id that I could use so they could get some benefit. Cool.

And Liz…thanks for the code…it showed up in the email version of the comments that I get so I do have it.

Thanks folks!

5. Saille says:

Go to http://www.librarything.com

They have a blog widget you can add. It works on a bunch of different hosts. Of course, you have to add books to your library first, but it’s totally working for me. You can still be an amazon affiliate if you like, but if you don’t put an affiliate number in when you make the widget, any royalties from book sales go back to Library Thing, which is also cool.

6. Andrea says:

If you want LibraryThing, sign up over there and ignore their widget directions. We have a special one here where you just put in your username and it shows your list.

7. Andrea says:

Ooo! I found an Amazon widget and installed it. Go to Plugins and activate it, then go to Sidebar Widgets, drag it where you like and click it to edit for the Associate’s ID. I haven’t tested it, so lemme know how you make out. :D

(Oh wait… I see the librarythign list. :D Okay, now you have two choices. :D )

8. Stephanie says:

Actually I was looking for something so that when I write a blog post about a book, I can include the book cover in that post, not just in the sidebar.

Although now you have me curious about the amazon widget! I have had the LibraryThing widget working for awhile now…

Thanks!

9. Tara says:

Hi Stephanie, I have been enjoying your blog for awhile and I owe you a big thank you for the visual-spatial resources you provided me.

I just started my homeschooling blog- and when I want to have a cover of a book posted within the blog I click on the picture from any retail site and then save it to my computer. ( I try not to use Amazon now, because you get the ” Look inside this Book” caption at the top of the cover.)

I don’t think these retailers mind- but let me know if they do!!!